Well September has come and gone and now it’s time for the spookiest month of the year—October. Nothing brings out the true Halloween spirit like a spooky gathering! Here are some tips on hosting a great Halloween event!
- Ambiance is everything—to truly have a spooktacular gathering you need to set the scene appropriately. This doesn’t mean you have to decorate every square inch of the area, but definitely spookify the main gathering areas! Here you can find some decorating ideas!
- Get people involved—Make your guests feel compelled to participate in the overarching theme by having everyone dress up, hosting a costume party, or making sure everyone plays the games!
- Dry ice – there is something about mist and fog that can help give things a creepy, bone-chilling vibe. Put dry ice around foods, and surprise your guests by putting a couple chunks of dry ice in their drinks to make them look like a smoking cauldron—don’t worry, it is 100% safe!
- Planning—Plan for your guests. Unless you strictly specify that there will not be kids at this event prepare for people of all ages to attend. Also, plan on having food and drinks, or assigning the potluck slots to guests, you can have them sign up with this easy tool.
- Be prepared—Trick or treating is a tradition, set up a table somewhere for people to trick or treat. Have both kid and adult treats!
- Invite—be sure to invite people, create a Facebook event page and mail or deliver some handmade inexpensive cards!
Hopefully these seven tips will help you in throwing your best Halloween party yet! Don’t forget to click here to check out some of our custom Halloween labels that we just released! Also, here is another great freebie: make things extra spooky by using black-light bulbs around your house, and make some creepy Jell-o with tonic water to make it glow in the dark!