As the blistering heat and humidity of Georgia begin to dissipate, it is important to look forward to the wonderful Fall weather we get to have here in GA, where our temperatures become crisp and cool, the moon comes out earlier and stays later, and we say goodbye to Daylight Savings Time. Here are some fun activities to experience this Fall with friends, family and loved ones.
- . An Outdoors Saturday—North of the metro area GA is full of pumpkin patches offering pumpkin picking, hay rides, corn mazes, and other fall fun. Here are 20 of the best ones in GA.
- Haunted House—Nothing is more iconic than Thanksgiving and Halloween during the Fall, Lucking GA has some of the scariest haunted houses for you to enjoy. Here you can find an in-depth look at 20 of the best GA haunts, from hotels to cemeteries and anything in between.
- Pumpkin Carving or Painting—A lot of decorating happens in the fall, and on of the best, most fun things you can do is carve a pumpkin! If you want to make it even more of an adventure, go to a pumpkin patch pick out the pumpkins to carve and make a whole weekend out of it. Or, if you’re like me, buy a fake pumpkin and use power tools to get the most detail possible (plus, you don’t have to worry about it rotting away).
- Anything Football Related—Whether a cookout, tailgate party, watching get together or even just a night out Fall means it’s football season in America, so get your jersey ready and have a good time! Don’t forget to go extra big for the super bowl!
- Get Out— Fall presents the perfect weather for camping, hiking, hunting and anything else outdoorsy. Why not go all out with the family and set up a bonfire on a campsite along the Appalachian Trail, or one of the hundreds of National Parks in GA!
Regardless of if you choose one of these or all of these, it’s imperative that you enjoy the fantastic weather the fall has to offer each and every one of us!
Well, the solar eclipse is upon us! In fact, in less than a week some parts of the Earth will experience total darkness for about 2 minutes in the early afternoon. Since this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, we have gotten together and come up with a list of pro tips to keep in mind when planning your eclipse getaway!
- First and foremost, we need to be clear on something, a 99% eclipse, is still not a solar eclipse. Be sure you go to the nearest city possible to have the full experience, you can find the cities here(ensure you are on the shaded area to see it totally).
- Remember, this is a kind of a big deal. So, what does that mean? You should prepare yourself to experience lots of crowds, hectic traffic, and anything Murphy’s Law can throw at you. An important thing to consider: do you want to be with a ton of people when this happens or would you rather spend it with a smaller group of people more intimately?
- Be sure to enjoy the moment. Here at Spring Water Promotions, we all have the same experience with this, you go to a concert or any even and everyone around you records the thing from start to finish. Instead of truly experiencing it they end up watching it through the screens on their smartphones. Should you choose to record it, we recommend using a tripod, or some way to make it worry-free. DO NOT MULLTITASK.
- One of the most important tips that we have learned, you have to take the glasses off to be able to fully experience the totality that is expected. So, in other words, wear the glasses until the sun disappears and then take them off and look around to see the “darkness of day”.
Lastly, but not least, ensure that you have a good time and remember to savor every last bit of it as it repeats itself (after totality). Be sure to truly live in the moment and
Has the week got you down in the dumps? Do you need a refresher? Did you know that research shows that inspirational and motivational quotes have a true effect on us?
In fact, reading these words can provide many benefits such as: a motivational boost, an end to procrastination, and even help for longer term depression.
How does this work? Well, when you read an inspirational or motivational quote it instantly affects your thoughts as it is processed by your brain.
As humans, we aspire to be better. Therefore, these quotes have a large impact on us, especially since many times these quotes are from people who we’ve defined as successful.
We have gathered a few of our favorite quotes here to share them with you, how can one read these and not feel even the slightest bit inspired?
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
– Maya Angelou
I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
– Jimmy Dean
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
– H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
I feel like I can just about do anything right now (even though I barely know how to sail)! A great way to continuously feel inspired is to see these quotes often, is to place them in very noticeable places such as a living room, kitchen, bathroom, office, or even entrance to something. In fact, here at Spring Water Promotions, our custom labels allow you to even put an inspirational quote on one of your bottles in order to be able to see and share the benefits of feeling inspired along with all of the benefits of our natural spring water! Do you like our favorite quotes? Let us know your favorite!
Being in the Army, I have learned a lot about the importance of hydration, the signs of dehydration and I have even witnessed the astounding effects dehydration can cause on the human body.
In fact, research conducted has shown that over 75 percent of all Americans live in a chronic state of dehydration, although we know we are supposed to drink water and maintain hydrated we often fail to do so.
Our bodies live, and thrive on water as it makes up over 60 percent of what we are, without it, our bodily functions can be harmed, and in some cases even stalled.
SIGNS OF DEHYDRATION
- INCREASED THIRST: Some people believe that drinking water only when you feel thirsty will suffice and keep you hydrated. Unfortunately, this is not the case. In fact, thirst (whether mild or sever) is a sign that dehydration has already set in.
- DRY MOUTH: This occurs as your body fails to create more/enough saliva to maintain you healthy. In fact, the production of saliva is directly affected by the amount of water you drink.
- TIRED, AND SLEEPYNESS: Have you ever felt dizzy and sleepy out of nowhere? Well this is a way that the human body attempts to use less water, and therefore makes you feel like resting or sleeping to conserve fluids.
- HEADACHE: This is especially common in the summer time, here’s what happens: When the body is dehydrated, the brain can temporarily contract or shrink from fluid loss. This mechanism causes the brain to pull away from the skull, causing pain and resulting in a dehydration headache.
How do you avoid or fix dehydration? By becoming and remaining hydrated! There are many ways to do this. Contrary to popular belief, water is not the only way. In fact, a lot of your liquid intake can be achieved through certain foods like greens, fruits, and even other beverages. With the best way to combat dehydration and to prevent it in these hot summer months, is by drinking water. Although there isn’t a certain required amount, doctors say you should drink enough to have to urinate every 3 to 4 hours. Mineral and nutrient intake is also an important factor, as water with a higher nutritional value is better for replacing electrolytes and nutrients lost in daily activity. This makes our natural spring water he perfect summer beverage for maintaining the whole family hydrated. Plus, with our custom labels and our easy-to-use custom designer, you can help motivate yourself to drink more!