As the blistering heat and humidity of Georgia begin to dissipate, it is important to look forward to the wonderful Fall weather we get to have here in GA, where our temperatures become crisp and cool, the moon comes out earlier and stays later, and we say goodbye to Daylight Savings Time. Here are some fun activities to experience this Fall with friends, family and loved ones.
- . An Outdoors Saturday—North of the metro area GA is full of pumpkin patches offering pumpkin picking, hay rides, corn mazes, and other fall fun. Here are 20 of the best ones in GA.
- Haunted House—Nothing is more iconic than Thanksgiving and Halloween during the Fall, Lucking GA has some of the scariest haunted houses for you to enjoy. Here you can find an in-depth look at 20 of the best GA haunts, from hotels to cemeteries and anything in between.
- Pumpkin Carving or Painting—A lot of decorating happens in the fall, and on of the best, most fun things you can do is carve a pumpkin! If you want to make it even more of an adventure, go to a pumpkin patch pick out the pumpkins to carve and make a whole weekend out of it. Or, if you’re like me, buy a fake pumpkin and use power tools to get the most detail possible (plus, you don’t have to worry about it rotting away).
- Anything Football Related—Whether a cookout, tailgate party, watching get together or even just a night out Fall means it’s football season in America, so get your jersey ready and have a good time! Don’t forget to go extra big for the super bowl!
- Get Out— Fall presents the perfect weather for camping, hiking, hunting and anything else outdoorsy. Why not go all out with the family and set up a bonfire on a campsite along the Appalachian Trail, or one of the hundreds of National Parks in GA!
Regardless of if you choose one of these or all of these, it’s imperative that you enjoy the fantastic weather the fall has to offer each and every one of us!