How to Host the Spookiest Halloween Party of the Year!
Well September has come and gone and now it’s time for the spookiest month of the year—October. Nothing brings out the true Halloween spirit like a spooky gathering! Here are some tips on hosting a great Halloween event!
- Ambiance is everything—to truly have a spooktacular gathering you need to set the scene appropriately. This doesn’t mean you have to decorate every square inch of the area, but definitely spookify the main gathering areas! Here you can find some decorating ideas!
- Get people involved—Make your guests feel compelled to participate in the overarching theme by having everyone dress up, hosting a costume party, or making sure everyone plays the games!
- Dry ice – there is something about mist and fog that can help give things a creepy, bone-chilling vibe. Put dry ice around foods, and surprise your guests by putting a couple chunks of dry ice in their drinks to make them look like a smoking cauldron—don’t worry, it is 100% safe!
- Planning—Plan for your guests. Unless you strictly specify that there will not be kids at this event prepare for people of all ages to attend. Also, plan on having food and drinks, or assigning the potluck slots to guests, you can have them sign up with this easy tool.
- Be prepared—Trick or treating is a tradition, set up a table somewhere for people to trick or treat. Have both kid and adult treats!
- Invite—be sure to invite people, create a Facebook event page and mail or deliver some handmade inexpensive cards!
Hopefully these seven tips will help you in throwing your best Halloween party yet! Don’t forget to click here to check out some of our custom Halloween labels that we just released! Also, here is another great freebie: make things extra spooky by using black-light bulbs around your house, and make some creepy Jell-o with tonic water to make it glow in the dark!
As the blistering heat and humidity of Georgia begin to dissipate, it is important to look forward to the wonderful Fall weather we get to have here in GA, where our temperatures become crisp and cool, the moon comes out earlier and stays later, and we say goodbye to Daylight Savings Time. Here are some fun activities to experience this Fall with friends, family and loved ones.
- . An Outdoors Saturday—North of the metro area GA is full of pumpkin patches offering pumpkin picking, hay rides, corn mazes, and other fall fun. Here are 20 of the best ones in GA.
- Haunted House—Nothing is more iconic than Thanksgiving and Halloween during the Fall, Lucking GA has some of the scariest haunted houses for you to enjoy. Here you can find an in-depth look at 20 of the best GA haunts, from hotels to cemeteries and anything in between.
- Pumpkin Carving or Painting—A lot of decorating happens in the fall, and on of the best, most fun things you can do is carve a pumpkin! If you want to make it even more of an adventure, go to a pumpkin patch pick out the pumpkins to carve and make a whole weekend out of it. Or, if you’re like me, buy a fake pumpkin and use power tools to get the most detail possible (plus, you don’t have to worry about it rotting away).
- Anything Football Related—Whether a cookout, tailgate party, watching get together or even just a night out Fall means it’s football season in America, so get your jersey ready and have a good time! Don’t forget to go extra big for the super bowl!
- Get Out— Fall presents the perfect weather for camping, hiking, hunting and anything else outdoorsy. Why not go all out with the family and set up a bonfire on a campsite along the Appalachian Trail, or one of the hundreds of National Parks in GA!
Regardless of if you choose one of these or all of these, it’s imperative that you enjoy the fantastic weather the fall has to offer each and every one of us!
With the incoming threat of hurricane Irma it is important for us to properly prepare ourselves for the worse a category 5 hurricane could deliver to us. “Even if Irma’s winds weaken and its Saffir-Simpson category drops, Irma could still be capable of extreme storm surge, depending on its track and the geography of its landfall location(s),” said Dr. Jeff Masters, a meteorologist with wunderground.com. With this being said it is of extreme importance that we prepare ourselves for the worse it can bring. This is why we have decided to put together a list on how to be properly prepared.
- Evacuation Planning—As of 8:06 PM on Thursday (9/7/2017) evening Georgia’s Gov. Deal has placed 30 counties in the southeast region on a state of emergency. These areas are where hurricane Irma is supposed to hit us the hardest. Check here to see if you live in one of those zones. If not, it is important to be prepared to have to evacuate depending on floods, and rainfall.
- Buy Supplies—Although we won’t have to experience storms as bad as those hitting FL, it is important to have sustainment capabilities. Some items you should be positive are available to you are: First aid Kit, Battery Powered Radio (or hand crank), Flashlight, Whistle (for signaling), water, water and more water, food, personal hygiene products, electronics and clothing. For a detailed explanation on this list click here!
- Driving– avoid large puddles unless confident your car can handle them. Conduct a preventive check on your car in order to ensure that all fluids are topped off. While driving it is important to be economical, that means going the speed limit when possible (speed limits often deliver the most economic MPG with the fastest travel time. Be early as traffic will be bad if you wait to the last minute.
- Prepare your house. Fill your sinks and bathtub with water so you have an extra supply handy.
- Fridge-Lower your fridge’s thermostat and freezer to the coldest possible temperature and do not open them unless absolutely necessary. Lock all doors and close windows.
- Location-Stay in a room with no windows or in a closet, toward the center of your house. Have a television or a battery-operated radio to make sure you are getting updates on the hurricane.
Lastly, it is of great importance that you buy extra fuel and water as these will be critical to your survival in the worst-case scenario. If your local supplier does not have any water left, we still have some you can order .
Solar Eclipse 2017
Well, the solar eclipse is upon us! In fact, in less than a week some parts of the Earth will experience total darkness for about 2 minutes in the early afternoon. Since this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, we have gotten together and come up with a list of pro tips to keep in mind when planning your eclipse getaway!
- First and foremost, we need to be clear on something, a 99% eclipse, is still not a solar eclipse. Be sure you go to the nearest city possible to have the full experience, you can find the cities here(ensure you are on the shaded area to see it totally).
- Remember, this is a kind of a big deal. So, what does that mean? You should prepare yourself to experience lots of crowds, hectic traffic, and anything Murphy’s Law can throw at you. An important thing to consider: do you want to be with a ton of people when this happens or would you rather spend it with a smaller group of people more intimately?
- Be sure to enjoy the moment. Here at Spring Water Promotions, we all have the same experience with this, you go to a concert or any even and everyone around you records the thing from start to finish. Instead of truly experiencing it they end up watching it through the screens on their smartphones. Should you choose to record it, we recommend using a tripod, or some way to make it worry-free. DO NOT MULLTITASK.
- One of the most important tips that we have learned, you have to take the glasses off to be able to fully experience the totality that is expected. So, in other words, wear the glasses until the sun disappears and then take them off and look around to see the “darkness of day”.
Lastly, but not least, ensure that you have a good time and remember to savor every last bit of it as it repeats itself (after totality). Be sure to truly live in the moment and
The Power of Inspiration
Has the week got you down in the dumps? Do you need a refresher? Did you know that research shows that inspirational and motivational quotes have a true effect on us?
In fact, reading these words can provide many benefits such as: a motivational boost, an end to procrastination, and even help for longer term depression.
How does this work? Well, when you read an inspirational or motivational quote it instantly affects your thoughts as it is processed by your brain.
As humans, we aspire to be better. Therefore, these quotes have a large impact on us, especially since many times these quotes are from people who we’ve defined as successful.
We have gathered a few of our favorite quotes here to share them with you, how can one read these and not feel even the slightest bit inspired?
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
– Maya Angelou
I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
– Jimmy Dean
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
– H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
I feel like I can just about do anything right now (even though I barely know how to sail)! A great way to continuously feel inspired is to see these quotes often, is to place them in very noticeable places such as a living room, kitchen, bathroom, office, or even entrance to something. In fact, here at Spring Water Promotions, our custom labels allow you to even put an inspirational quote on one of your bottles in order to be able to see and share the benefits of feeling inspired along with all of the benefits of our natural spring water! Do you like our favorite quotes? Let us know your favorite!
Staying Hydrated This Summer
Being in the Army, I have learned a lot about the importance of hydration, the signs of dehydration and I have even witnessed the astounding effects dehydration can cause on the human body.
In fact, research conducted has shown that over 75 percent of all Americans live in a chronic state of dehydration, although we know we are supposed to drink water and maintain hydrated we often fail to do so.
Our bodies live, and thrive on water as it makes up over 60 percent of what we are, without it, our bodily functions can be harmed, and in some cases even stalled.
SIGNS OF DEHYDRATION
- INCREASED THIRST: Some people believe that drinking water only when you feel thirsty will suffice and keep you hydrated. Unfortunately, this is not the case. In fact, thirst (whether mild or sever) is a sign that dehydration has already set in.
- DRY MOUTH: This occurs as your body fails to create more/enough saliva to maintain you healthy. In fact, the production of saliva is directly affected by the amount of water you drink.
- TIRED, AND SLEEPYNESS: Have you ever felt dizzy and sleepy out of nowhere? Well this is a way that the human body attempts to use less water, and therefore makes you feel like resting or sleeping to conserve fluids.
- HEADACHE: This is especially common in the summer time, here’s what happens: When the body is dehydrated, the brain can temporarily contract or shrink from fluid loss. This mechanism causes the brain to pull away from the skull, causing pain and resulting in a dehydration headache.
How do you avoid or fix dehydration? By becoming and remaining hydrated! There are many ways to do this. Contrary to popular belief, water is not the only way. In fact, a lot of your liquid intake can be achieved through certain foods like greens, fruits, and even other beverages. With the best way to combat dehydration and to prevent it in these hot summer months, is by drinking water. Although there isn’t a certain required amount, doctors say you should drink enough to have to urinate every 3 to 4 hours. Mineral and nutrient intake is also an important factor, as water with a higher nutritional value is better for replacing electrolytes and nutrients lost in daily activity. This makes our natural spring water he perfect summer beverage for maintaining the whole family hydrated. Plus, with our custom labels and our easy-to-use custom designer, you can help motivate yourself to drink more!
4 Tips to Enhance Your 4th of July Celebration
Well, today is July 3rd, and that only means one thing about tomorrow—It’s Independence Day!
We love celebrations here at Spring Water Promotions, especially celebrating the fourth of July. Whether it I by hosting a gathering, attending a gathering, just spending the day with family, or even by being brave enough to venture out into the open water of Lake Lanier.
So, this year we decided to get together and come up with some tips for this year’s incoming celebration based on our previous (good, bad, and ugly) experiences!
- PLANNING—Whatever you do, plan ahead, as nothing is worse than running out of food, drinks, or space for your guests. Plan by creating an event using a social media platform such as “Facebook”, invite guests, request and RSVP so you can also plan accordingly.
- SAFETY—A large part of the annual celebration is the usage of fireworks, be sure to utilize your best judgement, and follow all laws and regulations involved with fireworks, as they are beautiful, but dangerous. I remember last year’s celebration at a neighbor’s party, the fireworks fell over, and we were all running away from the fallen fireworks. If you are hosting a BBQ then remember to take precautions for children and food safety. Water safety is often overlooked, if venturing out on a lake, go early, set up your spot, and enjoy your day, plan on having a designated boater or plan to stay out on the water. Don’t forget, it isn’t you that we are worried about it’s the other boaters!
- Hydrate—Remember, July is the dead middle of Summer, what does that mean? It means that generally it is very hot, and in Georgia the air is humid and thick, this means it is even more important to drink WATER. Yes, soda and juices will help you stay hydrated, but water is key, make sure it has nutrients and minerals within—such as spring water, as it is better for hydration than distilled water. It is also not enough to drink on the day of, prepare by drinking water up to it. Remember, if you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated!
- HAVE FUN – Whether with toys, jokes, songs, campfires, fireworks, boating, gathering or whatever way you decide to celebrate. Remember, we are celebrating our independence and freedom so celebrate how YOU want!
However, and whatever you do for this fourth of July, we hope that you will have a blast as we celebrate our patriotism and American pride!
Bringing You The Best
Spring Water Promotions believes in bringing only the highest quality spring water to our customers, which is why our water undergoes three different stages of purification. The first stage is UV light exposure. The second is microfiltration, and lastly our ozonation process. Our unique methods of purification help us ensure the highest quality and taste possible.
Our spring water is gravity fed from a natural and protected source in Blue Ridge, GA, where our bottling facility also sits, which is truly great as it allows us to go directly from “spring to bottle” with no need for water tanks unlike many spring water companies. This also helps us maintain the freshest water!
The first part of the process is Ultra-Violet water purification. UV systems are wonderful as they are extremely effective in combating microorganisms (UV purification destroys 99.9% of waterborne microorganisms), they are chemical free—this allows you to have the most natural water, UV systems also leave the taste and smell of the water unchanged (unlike chlorine and chloramines). In other words, it lets you have the best of natural water without worrying about any impurities.
After our water is purified with UV rays we move into microfiltration, here at Spring Water Promotions, we don’t just filter our spring water through once or twice. Instead our water undergoes the process 7 times. The micro-filters help strain the water of any remaining impurities.
After our water goes through the UV purification,7 micro-filters, and testing in order to ensure regulatory standards we introduce oxygen into our water. This process can be referred to as water aeration. This process increases the oxygen in our water and acts as a natural purifier.
We are extremely dedicated to bringing you only the highest quality product here at Spring Water Promotions. Not only in the purity of our water, but also customer service, graphic design, label production, and quality control. Think of us as your solution for all your bottled water needs!